Bench Craft Leather Inc. Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Revised May 1, 2019
Bench Craft Leather Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Bench Craft Leather Inc. is not open to the general public.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons.
Notice of temporary disruption:
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Bench Craft Leather Inc. will notify customers promptly. The notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at our front entrance and/or on our website where possible.
Training for staff:
Bench Craft Leather Inc. provides accessible customer service training to employees who deal with the public.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Bench Craft Leather Inc.’s goods and services.
- Staff will be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Bench Craft Leather Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact Janice Edmeades via telephone, email or mail. Customers can expect to hear back within seven days.
Modifications to this or other policies:
Any policy of Bench Craft Leather Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.